Monday, January 31, 2011

It's My Birthday

So, today marks yet another year that I have been making the planet a greater place :) I spent the day doing nothing. Got the kids off to school, loaded the dishwasher and then plopped down on the coach and have pretty much remained here.
My family and I went out last night to Yamafuji in Front Royal for sushi. I have been craving sushi and have been quite fortunate to be able to eat it 3 times within one week; I ate some at the hospital in Charlottesville on Tuesday, and then went out with my awesome friends on Sat night. On Sunday, we went to the restaurant and discovered that the last Sunday of the month is Sushi Festival (basically, AYCE sushi) for $19. My husband wasn't feeling the different ones they had available on the bar, so he and the kids got bento boxes instead. I ate one of every type of sushi they had on the bar, and then went back and ate even more of my favorites. I ended up eating at least 24 peices (4 rolls), plus some Miso soup (delish) and edamame. I loved this idea because it let me try some rolls that I normally wouldn't order for fear of not liking it, and discovered that I liked basically all of them. I do believe I have a new favorite in the Dragon Roll, though! The best part, was the fact that my daughter ate 3 pieces of Cali Roll :)
As far as birthday presents, my great friend Amanda gave me the book Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez and a bag of cookies from this amazing bakery in Alexandria, Buzz, who have the perfect Ginger Snap cookie. The make this cookie with fresh ingredients, organic I believe, and use extra ginger to give them a wonderful kick. To top it off they put a touch of lemon icing on top :) These were so great, that I only let my husband have about a dime sized bite out of the 6 or 7 cookies in the bag.
My husband purchased my gift about 5 months ago apparently and has lost it, so that one is still up in the air. I am going tubing on Sat with the girls, and possibly one of them's husband, so I get to continue the awesomeness of my birthday until then at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment