Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome

Well, I bit the bullet. It took me quite awhile to finally break down and decide to have my blog. I have been wanting to do one forever, but never could figure out what exactly I would talk about, there are tons of book blogs and as much as I would love to get books to read and review, I am just not sure that I would be great at it. I am a fairly competent knitter and crocheter, but fail miserably at creating my own patterns. I love to cook, yet again, not much is my actual creation. Are you getting the picture here. Kinda like the old saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none." I have decided to make that the theme of my blog, following me as I search for that great recipe for supper, finishing the latest great YA novel to come my way (thanks to http://www.apatchworkofbooks.blogspot.com/), attempting to actually finish whatever my latest yarn masterpiece is, and just trying to keep my house in a semi-guest friendly state (this is the hardest!).

To kick everything off I will give you a little background on my family and myself. I am Jessica (Jes) and am married with 2 kids and a step-daughter (lives with her mom in the great state of AK). My husband of 5 1/2 years is originally from NY, then transplanted to Alaska, where he spent 20+ years before joining the Air Force and getting stationed in Middle Ga. There he met me and we were soon married and shortly afterwards welcomed our first childand I became a stay at home mommy; 15 months and 1 deployment later we had another baby to join the madness. We lived in Ga until Thanksgiving of '09 when my husband was stationed in the NoVa area. We recently bought our first house and are enjoying the joys of being homeowners. I will be doing many posts about the wonders and expenses of owning a house built in the 20's, I am certain.

Well, that should be enough to have you returning at least one more time to see just what madness can come forth :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! Blogging is lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the book blogging world! I'm still pretty new to the whole scene and it has been amazing so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cool people are blogging...welcome to the cool side of the tracks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm finally a cool person :) I have to say that it is really fun to write out my quirky thoughts for the world to hear not just you two, hehe. Can the world handle my crazy?

    Tara, thank you! I will be checking out your blog later today :)

    ReplyDelete